January 10, 2005

When one plate is not enough

After a great romping session in the wild with birds, dogs, cats, in Ranganthittu (See pics here) where we met a lot of birds like painted stork, spoon bill, storks, cormorants ( I hope I got that name right), snake bird, crocodiles, crows who dont feel scared of you at all.... ........ a cool chilling mountain experience along with a good vodka session at Hotel East End in Madekeri, walking down to admire Abbi Falls, a spiritual visit again to the Buddhist temple.. in Bylekuppe (See pics Here),I am all set to bring to completion of the Paint2Win competion event I was part of organizing today... ... Will be singing professionally after a year which is a long time for me... this time it will not be any medley composed by me or any filmi song or a ghazal or a folk tune... this time it will be a song composed by a friend who has done up the music and the lyrics in a beautiful manner.... Best time to practice... while driving.. I thought I would best utilise the time then...even though i look totally crazed... opening my mouth and wording something to the driver who is facing me... the function is on Saturday and I am already having butterflies in my stomach... Brrr... what if I miss a beat.. what if I miss a tune... what if the music is too loud for the song... what if I cannot complement the other singers... eeeeshhhh !! ! I remember when I used to sing for the school audience.. or act in a play.. I used to remove my lenses so that I could not see the audience.. without my lenses I am blind as a confused bat.. and it gave me the illusion that I was performing before no one.. .he he !!! As I have been giving performances ... I became more sure of myself... but that little fluttering in my stomach refuses to go... and this time my lenses trick will not work... for a singer it is very important if the audience appreciates what is sung ... and it is also the talent of the singer to capture the audience with the beat and its rythm.. I always felt great once I knew the trick of having the audience dance to my tune... But many a times when I was a child .. I did not know how to sing the right song for the right time... and it felt flat... and made me face audience with blank expressions and talking to themselves.. thus making me miss many beats... SIGH ... I guess one learns like that... Now depending on the crowd, it is imperative that one chooses the right song which suits the mood and the time... Dont know why.. but all the sessions are coming back to me ...as I prepare myself to go on stage once again !!! In between organising the event, making sure that I look beautiful as I run about and during the event... (Sheesh), making sure my song is perfect ... ( SIGH ).. running for practice sessions ... completing my work at office... making sure that my guests at home do not feel neglected... uploading photos.. trying to blog... complete wrapping some 20 gifts.. with ribbons... writing in hand some 200 certificates... I am feeling totally totalled... ..