November 07, 2004

Winter Song by Wilfred Owen

The browns, the olives, and the yellows died, And were swept up to heaven; where they glowed Each dawn and set of sun till Christmastide, And when the land lay pale for them, pale-snowed, Fell back, and down the snow-drifts flamed and flowed. From off your face, into the winds of winter, The sun-brown and the summer-gold are blowing; But they shall gleam with spiritual glinter, When paler beauty on your brows falls snowing, And through those snows my looks shall be soft-going. And here comes another week. Bangalore is totally heralding a wet and chilly winter and it is a welcome change from the hot unsweatable days... I always like the winter the best... having been born in a chilly mountains of the east. This whole year has been full with rains and the wintry chill has come back after a long time and it reminds me of the Bangalore that I had come to the first time... only this time it has been spattered with rains... which make it hard work to wake up and go to office but here I am .... Its time to snuggle, time to cuddle, time when you put on the warm colors... yes it is that time of the year when we are getting ready to flag another year by and yes how time flies... ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Getting Lucky Whats luck got to do with having a jolly good weekend ?? Well I must say a lot since Rocks has been lucky to win a Canon Digital Camera from GK Vale, Bangalore... he hahahaha !!! and I am thrilled to bits since I never won anything like this... and well Rocks magnanimously says like the typical Leonine fella... I always knew I would win... BAAAH !!!! But heck... that was the highlight of the weekend !! I am heppy heppy heppy... ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Connection What is it that makes one want to know another person... ? the air of mystery or the fact that you would like to know that person... and how can you judge the level of friendship ... by the fact that you meet very often and share secrets and no envy or by the fact that you dont meet often but yet think warmly of that person... you connect at some level.. that was how I connected with a friend this weekend and it was good to feel again that like minded people do exist and they strengthen the faith of what is the basis of a good relationship between two human beings. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Cat out of the bag..... Sometimes when you want to keep a secret, I learned that you should not really ask questions... to help you out... :) had this funny experience where my friend wanted to know about a situation with the help of my tarots... here I was going about my readings... and there he was trying to be as vague as possible... and the fun part was that his mom and his siblings were also there... the result was that the cat was out of the bag in front of everyone... and he must have been ruing the moment he asked me to read his cards... poor thing... the good part was that everybody in his family took it sportingly.. and thus me and my cards were saved from damnation... and truth prevailed again ... LOOLOLOLOL... so beware my friends,... before you ask a question to the universe... it has the capacity to open up doors which you dont want to open.... ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Pet Peeve Men and women driving and smoking and throwing ash outside their window... .... definitley not cool !!! grrrr !! PS: For your viewing pleasure some photographs from the temples of Halebid -Belur which was done in the same day when we drove down to Sravanabelagola .... Hogenakkal write up is coming up soon !!!