August 16, 2004

Murphy's Law Strikes Again and we celebrate Independence Day Our Way

Here I was thinking about having a nice weekend when my lady luck went off on a holiday making Murphy have a field day with me... And I read somewhere that there is order in chaos.... seems to be fitting when it comes to my life... Was planning Freedom Jam with friends... Maddie, Noufal, the Biker gang.... on Saturday... As usual I go to my meditation class... by chance ..there I get to pick and angel card .. we did that just to take a break.... the message was " Dont be troubled by the appearance of disharmony all around.. live in light" I was wondering what it meant and why such a cryptic message was there in store for me... when others got simple messages such as " search for the wisdom in you" etc etc ... I was wondering to myself "am i missing something there ... where was the disharmony.. things were going pretty cool... except the fact that while dropping Maddie home the other evening.. I had a riff raff with an Auto driver... but that was a long time back... " But somewhere behind my subconcious was tingling with a sensation of something about to happen... which would not be pleasant.. I usually get this feeling when disaster is about to strike ... LOL... call it crazy.. I was extra careful that day in driving... I almost missed a rushing Auto.. trying to go in an overtaking frenzy... I was thanking my diminishing lucky stars that I was saved... Otherwise driving back home was usual.. the usual traffic.. the usual auto drivers.. creating chaos in the road... the usual woman crossing the road without seeing the cars... the usual old man ... showing his hand and crossing the road.... Whoa !!! and I think I spoke too soon. As usual I reach home planning to call up friends to get ready for the jam... I am parking in the usual place where I park and I take the jeep a little too inside the pillar making the front fender stick ... and dunno what happened then I do a reverse and the front fender peeled off with a SCREECH and CLANG of metal being ripped apart... which literally broke my heart and limbs,.... I think it must have been a scratch in the wheel guards,..... I see security running and coming.. my heart goes Thump a Thump.. Blippety Blaatter ... and I am praying that everything is ok.. When I get down to see, Rocks also rides in and sees the whole thing happening in front of his eyes.. what can be worse that committing a sin and then commiting it in front of the very person you dont want to ... EEEKSSS... my front fender looks as if a monster just peeled it off ... Life's Irony or what.. I had my first crash in my own parking lot... well I guess the silver lining is that I did not injure anyone... My heart goes down to its knees.. and lies there... I am heartbroken... The whole evening goes for a six... I was in the middle of disharmony alright... Rocks is furious... But mistakes happen and I guess.. this time it was entirely my fault... I wish that there was a BIG hole that I could disappear into... oh where is that hole when you need it so much...I wish I could have frozen there just like a cartoon till everything righted itself but that was not to be... I had to face the ugly and despairing result of my dilapidated grey cells... WHAT WAS I THINKING ?.... As if it is not enough... Rocks is roaring at me like the Leonine entity that he is... man I feel like a small mole.. with horns... I bawl like a baby... feel like a criminal... angry at myself... and yet a bit detached... he roars at me again.. and he is justified... I am not... It is NOT nice to be in the wrong... he rants and raves.. I feel smaller and smaller... pin drop silence... at home.. both are feeling miserable... I think about that message..I find salvation in light... . and somehow knowing that things will be alright and this was to happen... I guess the universe is testing me again ... but all is not lost.. I pray for redemption and I beg for forgiveness... I remember to be in light.. but saying is one.. and doing is another.. meditation helps me... alleviates me from the problem at hand and tells me that solution is not far away... and heck shit happens... you gotta face it ... OKAY dudette.. bring it on !!! Tomorrow is another day... A new day dawns !!! After sleeping restlessly on it.... I get up to a new day... Rocks is also cool.. and well we do have an independence day to look forward to.... he apologises for shouting at me... ( me feels pretty good.. my day is made... ) Independence Day.. the bikers decide to have a Independence Day ride.. we wait for the gang to meet up at Bellary and then ride up through the roads of Bangalore.. catching lot of envious eyes... and took lots of snaps from one of the biker's camera.. did some video recording too with another.. so my hands were full... Lady Luck was smiling at me again !!! I realize that Murphy was still hanging out with me... when my old friend , my old Camera went dead... totally refused to focus or do anything.. I banged, I prayed, I cajoled... but heck... nothing doing... I had to accept the inevitable.. time to get a new one.. I acknowledge that power of Murphy and sit quiet.. till that jinx feeling goes away and it does... We meet up with many new riders and there one of our close rider friends tells me that the Jeep disaster was not that bad and well it could be fixed easily. Some tinkering would fix that up ... cool !! I shall still not rest in peace until it is fixed... we go and see a few garages where we can fix it up... with the help of our biker friend ... Lady Luck back at my side... the world rights itself back in position... Hallellujah !!! I have been saved... After the ride I convince the gang to check out the amazing cake exhibition in Bangalore Central put up by my close friend Susan and the Baking institute where she works.. The gang is more interested in getting to know my friend.. DUH am I surprised ? They had put up 100 cakes related to Independence Day and it looked nice... with an explanation for each theme... from Patriotic leaders to National Fruit theme cake... to.. you name it !!! very Creative By the way, if you guys or girls need to order affordable cakes for birthdays or occasions... Susan is the person to contact... do mail me and I shall give you her contact.. She does some amazing chocolates too.. You must try them... for guys you could go for those amazing liquor chocolates... she makes... for those special occasions... Hmmm shameless advertising but heck ... if it helps her why not !! And then the gang thumps off to Pecos... where we have the most delicious.. Allwyn/ Halloween Chicken, Tacos, etc etc... and down lots of beer.. a typical biker meet... and then meet my friend Indira, a Venezuelan who is painting the town pink with her Purple and Pink Bullet .. named Lollipop.. She looks cool .... and if you think pink does not look good you got to think again... She is my girl... I am waiting when I can do up something like that for me... maybe a mustard yellow.. combo should be catchy enough or a red and black... Yeah .. now my cells are generating electricity .... And the weekend does not seem so bad after all !!! For the ride pics you can click here. PS: If you want to know how to cook Seafood properly ..... Read this...