August 26, 2004

Weekend Expectations

Another weekend is here and this is travel time... yeah dudes and dudettes we are back on the road... and this time... I am going to take over the wheels on the highway.. Rocks tells me that highway driving and city driving is different... the villages have a unique way of looking at vehicles... and they dont care a damn... well I shall be careful with him and some friends by my side... but heck the point is that I am going to be driving down the roads to nature and open space... Destination : A Coorgi wedding of a friend's and great food.. good enough reasons to go driving to Coorg... Good is the essential ingredient to sinful living... har har har... me the foodie says so.. ************************************************************************* Observed in a conversation.. A to a dentist telling a story... (A not knowing that the other person is a dentist, but me knowing it) You know what happened... this is a story about a doctor who is a dental... .... .... Dentist : What do you mean..I am a dentist.. I am a doctor.. too... A: ahh ok .. who is not a dentist ( gets interrupted by me) Me: HUH thank god you are a dentist... Imagine if you were a Psychatrist... A would go .... this is a story about a doctor who is a mental... HAR HAR HAR !!! LMAO Dentist... : Bewildered... but gets the joke... thankfully... LOLOLOL... and she is meeting me for the first time...thank god my other pals told her.. "Ah dont worry Pallavi is like that only... " ********************************************************************** Observed again in a conversation : A talking about B to me Now B is a the South Indian equivalent of Casanova and is having a hot steamy affair with two babes.. in the office... and he is married... ( go figure that out) Now B has this habit of playing cricket with A his friends.... since his two babes have flown to US B is lonesome during the day.... so he is also not playing cricket... A: B is not playing.. cricket nowadays... Me: Why ? A : well he is missing his babes... ( smirking a little slyly) Me: ( in a particularly devlish mood) : Aaaah B must be missing his babes definitely because there is nobody to catch his balls... HAR HAR HAR HAR !!!!!! Pathetic, I know ... but what the heck I had a good laugh !! hahahaha and my day was looking great... PS: YESSSXCUSEEE me please if it offends your sentiments.. but I could not help writing about it... ******************************************************************************* I think I am going kooky... but what the heck... This week I experienced again...
  • how if your relationship with your boss is good, things really move in the right direction in your job.. the hitch is someone else messing it up because he wants priority and is obssessive about this boss not being friends with anyone... ah a nice angle....
  • if you keep calm you will never face the music... you will glide through it...
  • men and women both have prejudices against each other.... each one thinks that the other is complicated..
  • A little Thank You for a job well done goes a long way...
  • Appreciation is not always appreciated... specially if the credit goes to someone else for the work one person has done...
  • there is also beauty in cut and dried tasks completed in time..
  • addmitting to a fault is better than denying it altogether... admitting to a weakness is your strength...

And Life is good... you gain some you lose some....

**********************************************************************************

Cool Tip of the Week

I discovered Blog Reader thanks to Dee who built it... I think this little tool has got great potential... But works only for rediffblogs as of now... so rediff fans enjoy this... maybe you could try this ou. Could do with improvements but is a great concept... the speed needs to be improved otherwise its cool...

Am thinking of cracking up a new template ... yes I am ... hope I get the codes right... i am stuck in between now... Latest Google Logo:

A Somber Thought

I was reading up Anita Rockrick's blog and then through that I have been reading Chindu's blog... and also Toinks' following on what they were blogging about.. This is with regard to Anjum Nair who has ascended to greater heights on August 25th after fighting a losing battle with Cancer. May his soul ascend without any inhibitions... and may his family get the strength to move on..

This incident is particularly poignant since... I lost a colleague of mine some four years back.. and it was devastating to say the least.... and it brought back bittersweet memories... its been 4 years and life is just going on...