March 10, 2004

Embarassing Moments

Yesterday I was going through Luna's post and that made me think of putting up this post.. When I was little, little memo books used to circulate in school where you had all sorts of questions like What is your favourite colour and what is your favourite actress. It was one of our prized possessions since that would tell us how many friends we had. It was so funny. The questions were very simple but creative.. something like our online quizzes... One such question was " What is your most embarassing moment?" Whenever I came to this page my heart used to curl up in a hole.. since I had so many of them... and blithely evaded in paper saying there were too many.. As a teen my embarassing moments were mine alone and those unfortunate witnesses... LOLOL.. Today I was recapitulating those moments and maybe thought that I would come out of that shell and laugh at myself. Though the fact that I am prone to little accidents is very much existent even now... its mellowed down since I have my dear hubby to look out and he has developed this wierd instinct to avert any major predictable disasters...LOLOL in the house and outside.. how can I ever thank him... Scene 1 : I was dating that time and we had this thing about taking off to the mountains and trekking it up spending some time there and then trekking it down. One such time we had gone up as usual and the path was full of pine needles... and it was drizzling and as I was coming down... trying to be my feminine best .. my then boyfriend being himself a typical guy walked climbed up and down very easily. I was behind him .. and trying to follow him.. Now it is very difficult to be feminine and graceful...One moment I was trying to be like an expert climber and the next moment I felt myself slipping on few pine needles and somersaulting back to where I started... It shook me .. and for a moment I was seeing stars.. LOLOL Typical of a lady I was imagining my knight in shining armour to come rushing down to rescue me but there he was .. the proud male standing without any ounce of concern... trying to keep a serious face and laughing his head off inside and I could imagine what a funny picture I made.. .. believe me it was not funny then.. CRASH went my illusion of love being sharing and caring... and I resigned myself to the fact my guy would never be my knight.. LOLOL So I did the next best thing I could do. I laughed at myself and well brushed myself and slowly lumbered myself up. Here I was trying to be pretty and attractive and there I was sprawled in a spreadeagled position wishing that a hole would swallow me up.. whole. Scene 2 There is this market square in Shillong in Police bazaar where all the handsome guys and people used to hang out.. I had the misfortune to fall in a spreadeagled manner right in the middle of the square thus emabarassing myself to the core. Scene 3. I got proposed by a bakery fellow near my locality. I was in school and had a hot temper. Apparently the bakery guy got smitten by my whatever and then fell for me. He was a handsome fella, from Iran and I did not make too much of it till he happened to tell almost all the shopkeepers in the circle and I happened to get strange looks and sly smiles. And then I got a letter composed out of hindi film songs which the poor thing had gone to lot of trouble to write... He promised my friend that he would bake great cakes for me and did one for my birthday.... for all to see...LOLOLOL... ha ha hah a and well suffice it to say that I gave him a piece of my angry and embarassed mind. Yeesh it was difficult for me to pass by that circle... Scene 4 Eight Standard ...I was the captain of my class and well we had this prayer session at class where I had to make sure that everybody would be standing and saying their prayers (courtesy the convent upbringing). There was this native lady who was double of me and had a rough attitude. She happened to not to listen and for some reason my temper shot up and I shouted at her ... she came at me and started plummeting me with blows ... and well imagine the captain getting beaten like that... I gave her two blows myself but well... she grew up among four bully brothers and she knew a thing or two about blows... though I also fought to keep my dignity, I think it was the only time when the captain upheld such an example.. LOLOL. Suffice it to say that though I did not win , I did not lose either.. hehe .. got to give a big punch on her nose which was bleeding.... I remember the stunned look of the class and well I was too embarassed to explain the situation to the teacher and she was too embarassed to complain to the Sister there... LOLOLOL... Scene 5 Bangalore. Trying to ride my new Kinetic Honda in MG Road and speeding up and then suddenly hitting a jawan on a cycle.. BANG I am on the road sprawled and the cycle is just as it is by the road and the jawan looking down at me with concerned eyes asking me what happened.. Logically I should have been doing that... I saw many smiles as people passed by and instead of giving the cycle walla a piece of my mind, i turned tail and ran to blissful anonymity.. LOLOL Scene 6 My first job : Sonata Software. I meet a senior person in the lift and he happened to return from abroad and I was asking him how it went , some talk passed and well just to fill one of those sudden pauses in the conversation I was going to ask " Where are you sitting nowadays" and it came out " "Where are you SHITTING nowadays" and well I guess he was also busy talking and did not notice the slip and answered me and TING my floor came by and I ran bidding him a swift and sweet good day all red in the face... YEEESH hoping that he was suffering a severe case of jet lag or ear humming... he he Well I have lots more since I am bungling piece of walking disaster but I think I shall rest here now...