June 21, 2005

on the wings of a snow white dove

Just was remembering this song... so thought of putting it as the title.. after some days of slogging my machine has finally decided to play truant with me... buhahaha !! It tells me... I am going to crash and you cannot do anything about it... I say... go ahead I shall fix you ... and dare you to do it.. PING it goes and shows me a blue screen... So it is having its last laugh while I am twiddling my fingers... for some hours now... till I get a spare machine and surf the net ... SIGH... OH great one... full of chips... please come back to me... with the data intact... I bow before you... and implore you to reconsider my ownership... and I promise I shall not mess up with browsers again... Amen... And now... that is out of my way... let me continue.. Watched Batman... it was awesome.. movie.. great action scenes but the hero looked as if he was hard pressed to deliver his dialouge in a cramped manner with that suit of his... hmmm methinks that the other batman movies had more finesse and the story is a little lets say.. customized to the director's own way of thinking... so what else is new ? Been to this place to have lunch called the Elements... in nandidurg road... nice food nice place.. but service is something left to be desired... its a good place to chill out however... prices are not 500/- as the papers said... a meal for two would cost you some 300/- and change... The quantity of steaks is definitely lesser than Miller's 46 but its good food I must say. As soon as we entered this restaurant.. my friend S says that this is a Mallu restaurant.. I say no.. just because she was a Malyali, does not mean she would see Malyalis all around. She bet me... I kept quiet... since I did not know... Waiter: What will you have ? Me: what do you have for drinks? Waiter: OAH ! We heve a lod of mogtails. Mengoes, Horangas, Grepe, Gogonut Dingler, Me: ( trying to be unaffected my S's smug smile) Well what goes into a coconut tingler Waiter: Gogonut and Lemaun. But I am a sarry, we do not heve it now. S : ( trying to stop giggling) get me this Blue drink. What does it have.. Waiter: It has siirup and gream. Suffice it to say that we had a good laugh after quickly ordering our food... with all apologies... Given such a dialouge, I definitely lost the bet... with S ... (Again this is not written with the intention of offending my Malayali friends.. I am very aware of how funny a Bong and as Assamese accent can be .. so its all in fun eh !! Reminded me of the Italian restaurant I went to which had a Bengali waiter pronouncing all the Italian pasta names in a heavy Bangla accent... SIGH) Heights of communication... After all the insults in the mail that i received from that gentleman the other day( refer to my previous post), which I have decided to ignore.. for best known reasons... I get an explanation that it was all a professional communication... GAWK... if that was professional..I dread to think what would be personal communication.... ( GAAAAHHHH * screams tearing her hair*) May god give me the power of tolerance.. SIGH.. Having guests this weekend too.. so it seems that my social life and professional life is going at par when it comes to defining hectic.. but I love having friends.. so would not give them up for anything... FI sham It was another race which will go down in the history either as Bridgestone's triumph against Michelin or as the worst race that Schumacher could win. 6 cars all running on Bridgestone ... empty track... lots of opportunity to get to the podium yet Narain.. misses it... well at least he completed the race... Not nice to gloat Schumi that you would have won the race anyhow.. it was pure fluke...