December 09, 2004

Anniversary thoughts

Tomorrow we will be completing 4 years of togetherness.. As I was sitting all by myself, I was wondering how fast these years flew by. It was just as if it was yesterday that I got a mail from a stranger wanting to be friends and though internet was very new it was by fluke that we started writing to each other.. him from bombay and myself from bangalore... Going through painful blocks of life's ironical poetry.. I always had this clinging faith that there bloody well be someone for me who would be just right for me and walk with me. I was very well prepared to walk it out by myself if there was going to be another situation of compromise... Lo and behold.!! .. the magic of togetherness just dropped into my life.. and it seemed that this was the case with Rocks too.. a wild man but with just the right touch of crazy humor and seriousness... just what I needed to balance my whacky personality... Of course when I saw the snap which he mailed me... coz according to my little experience.. brains and brawns did not go together.... and I was not impressed with a leather sporting.. bike riding... having his share of looks.. dude... I was already charting him as another number in my very little black book of friends.. and acquaintances... But fate or lets say the fervent prayer of a soulmate... connecting to another had other plans... a narrow escape... an almost life consuming accident... communicating over the phone while Rocks was on crutches... accepting the fact that yes we definitely had the chemistry which would forge the invisible bond of love and understanding...the fact that our oats that we had sown... however wild that might have been... had borne the same fruits of pain and anguish.. the result of which made us recognise a good thing when it was staring at our face... willing us to take another final chance... .all of that had us going forward .... to create the circle of life in Barua's lane .... riding high riding low... but riding no matter what... on the highway of life...
My lessons... Life can be tough .. but one should focus on one's dream even if it is silly enough as having a pair of black pumps without bows, strings, buckles... Relationships are not easy but that does not mean that one should give up on them... and when a good chance comes along.. one should take it up with confidence... rather than live in a hell of obscureness.. thinking that it was all your damn fault. A bad relationship does not mean that you need to hang on just for the sake of it .. or for the reason ... like ... "what will people say..??" I had this feeling for sometime when I was in the circle of bitterness and bad karmic ties which had me going round and round in cirlces not knowing what to do .... Break ups are another way of fate telling you that YOU both deserve better... Reflecting too much in the past does not help.. since what is past is past.. if you keep living in the past ... the present will pass you by and the future will be without substance,... what did not work ... cannot work after whatever many years.... If you have broken up ... there is a good reason that you did and there is not use beating yourself to death about this... specially when the past comes and stares at your face and has the gall to remind you that insipte of all the pain that the soul has caused and inspite of having a mate... he would be proclaiming his love for you anyway.. DUH and you were going out with such a wimp... Past boyfriends can never be friends... no matter what the books say.... stay away from old flames... they tend to burn more brightly... LOL... and make sure that your guy also does that.. you got to have alarm bells ringing when he introduces you to his ex-flame.. who still makes his eyes misty... LOL Your past is your past and you must be careful about washing your dirty linen in front of your present, who really has no interest in that.. except for the fact that it would give that person a chance to emotionally hassle you... if your beau is the possessive and destructive kinds... ( BRRR) Never take abuse in a relationship.. emotional and physical.. it is corroding to the relationship ( ??) and to your personal growth... Love and lust are two different things... :) good to combine.. deadly if you do not know the difference.. Marriage and dating are two poles apart... and a different ball game together ... which should be enjoyed as per the rules of the concerned game... dating rules dont apply in marriage and vice versa...
SIGH and today I am remembering my man a lot... four years ... and honey heres to us ... hoping to make many memories... so far yet so near... Filled me with joy: Meeting a Fat Persian cat called Leo with whom I am totally and madly fallen in love.. reminds me of my Mini in Shillong... GRRRR : Two bikers riding parellely discussing life's philosophy... for quite a distance... thus making me late... why can't they find a coffee place to discuss whatevers bothering them ...
Another Italian Bite .... I think this is the Italian season for me..Today I discovered another place called Ambara... it was well known to people in Indiranagar. Now this little cafe cum boutique has shifted base in Ulsoor.. near Ulsoor Lake. Read More...