July 18, 2004

A time of no cable land

Just when you thought that you are leading a normal life something has to jinx it.. and this time it was the Cable Strike.. which not only affected the the Cable Network ( that was the least of my problems) it also affected the internet access.. Thanks to the BESCOM officials who went out on a cutting spree without even thinking whether the cable was the phone cable or the Internet Cable. Result : A day or two without the net and I realised how much my work was affected without it... my creativity also slowed down.. LOL.. not that I am a computer freak though my livelihood depends on it.. I would much prefer to burrow my nose in a book or get lost in the world of music and sound... still given the fact that the information which is available through the net is fast and easy... I guess it makes a lot of a difference... It is a sad incident that precipitated the whole thing.. the death of a young kid when he tripped on a Cable which was hanging on to the electric wire... may his soul rest in peace...
Alternative living in Bangalore Due to the cable strike, after cribbing and complaining, the Bangalore public decided to take to the roads... families, friends, neighborhoods.. as one drove by MG Road or Residency Road after midnight too, the road was blocked with traffic and people walking and playing ... which is a fun thing I guess.. And see what we are missing when we are glued to the idiot box. Lots of healthy fun... Kids started to play which has almost become a forgotten pastime due to the advent of video games and TV programmes... Tragedy galore.. Here Bangalore was coming to terms with life without the idiot box... and there were children in Kumbakoam, Tamil Nadu, being burnt to death.. just because their teacher told them not to leave the places.. what shoudl be the limit of obedience and why did the adults not think that fire of any kind is dangerous and fatal ? Why ? The answer to this may never be sought since what we think and how the event actually unfolds are two different things... when I saw the burnt tiffin boxes in the paper and in the TV, I could only imagine the peril and the pain of the kids who were charred to death... an unfortunate incident which could have been avoided.. but then I guess it was not foreseen... May their souls rest in peace... Personal Alternative And what was I doing while the others took to the streets.. well i was watching some good movies and reading some nice books and catching on my beauty sleep.. Basic stuff I guess but matters a lot when you get the time to do it once in a while.. and of course driving around town.. doing a bit of offroading which was a challenge but could face it without hassle.. Had been to Eagle Ridge for some company function and drove down there with my hunky Silverline and WHOA mama, the roads where a driver's nightmare but I guess Silverline's dream.. it plonked and swerved but was steady on the wheels and took me to my destination without a squeal... yeah baby this is what I call driving... and I am definitely getting my confidence back on Bangalore roads... Eagle Ridge is a nice place I guess but the food sucks.. so avoid it if you want to have a good lunch but its definitely the place to have a corporate day out.. with lots of games and activities thrown in.. you could also do horse riding, play volleyball, basketball, create a disc of your own... and party hard... Connected with long lost friends and it feels good to get in touch with old friends... real good. Wanted to join Mahindra's Great Escape Event... which is happening this weekend... in Goa but unfortunately Rocks has a conference so we will not be able to make it.. Boo hoo... but plan to join it definitely next year... yeaaaa... Click here to view info about last Great Escape Event .. this was awesome... Watched Jimmy Neutron Animation movie, Deewar ( the new one), Lakhsya, Shrek 2. Jimmy Neutron is total animation fun.. and if you like animation movies, you could watch them... its never ending fun with lots of humor thrown in .. Deewar the new movie starring Amitabh B, Akhsay Khanna, Amrita Rao, Tanuja, Sanjay Dutt etc etc ... was an OK movie.. good for timepass but a little nervy... I guess you should be able to handle it if you like Hindi movies... Less songs.. more script and well good storyline but again weak continuation of the story... Lakshya a nice movie as a whole and well the theme was a repeat of Behind Enemy Lines where there is only one hero which is a little difficult to digest when it comes to war stories... But I liked Preity Zinta and the relationship between her and Hrithik... She tried to do a La Barka Dutt which I guess came out well but the story could have elaborated on her character... Personally its a sham of a war story after watching LOC and well I guess its a movie for a movie's sake.. you could give it a try. Amitabh does not have much of a presence.. In fact all the characters coudl have been developed more.. the cinematography was good and I guess you can just see it one time and forget about it... Shrek 2 ... a lovely movie.. a total fun timepass.. again if you like animation this rocks and it is a good as the first part... and you could have a good laugh over the charcters and the way the story has been wounded confusing all the fairy tales together.... Blogger has come up with a cool editor now... just like Blogdrive... easy on the keyboard I must say ... Well thats it I guess for now.. and this is another week... Click here to read about our Kemmanagundi Trip on the Royal Enfield Website.. next on line... Andhra Pradesh.. yipeeee... Highways... here we come... Met Jottingz today and it was charming to talk to her.. am i glad that I started blogging.. have been introduced to such nice people...