September 24, 2004

Wishes need not be pigs that can fly

Thats because I got one small but important wish of mine fulfilled and that too just when I needed it... goes a lot to say for wishing ... it need not be something you will not get ... he ha haa !! Chirping up my mornings !! I have built this survival relationship with this sparrow who comes to me kitchen window everyday... I give him rice... and he gives me company... he fluffs up this chest of his... trying to show me who the boss is and chirps and moves here and there while I am busy in the kitchen ... when he is hungry he makes it a point to chirp a little louder in a consistent voice to go somewhere else so that he can sit on the sill and have his fill and feed his wife too... Getting up and being greeted by a chirp here and a chirp there is something I am getting used too... music to my ears... he has his space and I have mine and we are happy campers... he eh!! A wonderful way of building communication... I think I shall try keeping goldfish ... will be nice eh ?? Though I am not a very fishy person.. I think it will be nice... Scary experience !!! Sitting in an auto in a white skirt... the auto racing with another loud auto... through the pouring rain and slush... my heart was in my mouth and my brains in my knees... scared.... of nothing but my white skirt which would take some serious lashing of the slush water .. how could I convince the Auto driver to save my white skirt... here I was gnashing me teeth and trying to admire the rain... trying to ignore the fact that one little mistake from the auto and we are having a sharp skid problem... but the race was on and I was right in the middle of it... and we managed... to lose.. keep my white skirt white... because of traffic... and I was never more glad to see my office... hallelujah !! Late realisation: Speed does not thrill me !!! Pet Peeve : Screeching motion sensitive cars... who screech in the most annoying manner if you as much go near them... I understand its security system... but heck how will you know if you are away from the hearing range and the car screeches its protest anyway... and anyway gets mauled... SIGH... !!! the screeching car in my apt is again up to its screeching tactics... everytime the security comes to wash the car.. at 5:00 it goes a shrill beep beep beep beep ... thus awakening me from my slumber and just when I thought that the car had learnt to recognize its cleaners... SIGH.. I think its better to keep dogs.. at least it knows when to bark...