April 06, 2005

Paint me a dream

Paint me a Birmingham Tracy Lawrence He was sittin� there, his brush in hand Paintin� waves as they danced, upon the sand With every stroke, he brought to life The deep blue of the ocean, against the mornin� sky I asked him if he only painted ocean scenes He said for twenty dollars, I�ll paint you anything. Chorus: Well could you Paint Me A Birmingham Make it look just the way I planned A little house on the edge of town Porch goin� all the way around Put her there in the front yard swing Cotton dress make it, early spring For awhile she�ll be, mine again If you can Paint Me A Birmingham. He looked at me, with knowing eyes Then took a canvas from a bag there by his side Picked up a brush, and said to me Son just in this picture, where would you like to be I said if there�s any way you can Could you paint me back into her arms again. Paint Me A Birmingham Make it look just the way I planned A little house on the edge of town Porch goin� all the way around Put her there in the front yard swing Cotton dress make it, early spring For awhile she�ll be, mine again If you can Paint Me A Birmingham. Put her there in the front yard swing Cotton dress make it, early spring For awhile she�ll be, mine again If you can Paint Me A, Birmingham. ************************************************* this song just took my back to my dreams.. and where I started... way back... and yes I am on my way to paint myself my own reality......some blurred lines.. some pastels.. some bright colors.. some emotions.. some falls.. some wins.. some loss... and my painting is yet to be over...