April 21, 2005

Scratches...

Phone talk Me at the fag end of the day getting a message on my antique mobile... "I do not know you are. I am so confused. Please tell me who you are.. I do not know how I got your number.blah blah blah" Me thinking : How the heck would I know who that is ? Typically I am too caught up to reply to that message. And I forget about it.. After sometime I get a call... Man ( now why was that obvious) : Hello? Me: Hello? ( quite abruptly since I was trying to figure out something and it was really late) Man: who are you? I dont know how I got your number .. but who are you ? Me: Who is this ? ( trying to be nice) I think we got our phone numbers crossed... I dont know you .. I am sorry and I guess thats it. Man: ( pause) OHhhhhh... So what do you do ? ( aha a question for a question.. Smart Baiy) Me: ( too tired to get chatty) Look buddy. I am in the middle of something and we just happen to have the wrong numbers here Man: Oh okok ... So when you are free call me ok ... Me: sure sure... ( I cut the phone) HUH ( GAWK ) am i mistaken or was that him trying to talk to me... how did that go like I should call him to find out who I am and how he is so confused... DUH After sometime I get a sms message... Man: I think you have a lot of attitude Me this time not hesitating with a reply... "yes I have.." (and a lot more stinging words).. and "nice to know you". Is there a communication gap here or what.. man calls me ... man messages me.. man tries to know what i do and where I am.. man tells me to call him back... man does not tell me who he is.. when I honestly tell him .. that its a wrong number and I am not interested... I am the one having the attitude here.... OK is this the finest example of male chauvinism or what... or maybe at this hour of the night when I would like to cozy with my book my wires have been crossed.. Bless you MAN for being a MAN but dont blame me for being a WOMAN.. women are supposed to have attitudes .. BUAHHAHAHAH A!!! and if I know you MAN, I am sorry for this ... but if you would have told me who you were... maybe this conversation would not have been so abrupt... :) ********************************************************** In the lift: A tall American an Indian with an American accent... and evirl 'ol me. American: walking inside the lift.. with a golf case.. Indian: Hi... ( trying to be his friendly self) American: Hi.. Indian: back from the US huh American: Yeah.. Indian: Ah a golf case?? you have started playing golf? American: Umm nope with a smile Indian: Then why are you carrying one? American: UMmm its for a friend.. Indian: Who ? Tim, Paul, .. American: ( feeling very invaded) ummmm nope.. its for Alfred.. you know him ? Indian: tying to get the connection.. Oh Alfie ?? American: Ummm yeah maybe ?? Indian: Ahhh so he is playing golf.. and you got it for him... from here.. American: No .... SIGH from the US... Me: silently praying for that guy to shut up before he gets snubbed by the American... TING ... the lift door opens and.. and the american also looks a lot relieved... I also am happy that it is time for me to get out... :) Are we Indians always that curious ? Or are we trying to be over friendly sometimes... ? What is it that makes us want to bring out a full story out of a one line conversation..