October 20, 2004

Saptami

Saptami .....Oshtomi and I am on the road again !!!

Just went and had amazing Kichudi and Labra... it was awesome... and all the crowd talking in Bengali .... ummm .. making me feel so much at home...

yeah its time like this I become emotional about roots... haha !!!

Anyway took my friend who never tasted Kichudi from a Pandal... during Puja..

She also loved it... And it was worth the visit..

Not so many years back we were just a few of us and we would all gather in the hall next to Ulsoor Lake and have fun.

As the years passed the community has grown and today I see that they have taken a whole ground to place the pandal and then the idol... and still the place seems small....

It is a busy day.. everybody showing off their new clothes and sarees and shouts.. of

AAAiii Kothai Jachhoo !! Ekhane Assho... ... Ki holo... kemon achhen .... and it puts a smile on my face...

Everybody makes a long Queue to the area where the Kichdi is being served and well they are not behind in organising.. to accomodate so many people coming and eating.. they have started a buffet system... too which is pretty convenient as opposed to the serving of the food on tables..

Ahhh.... yes ... for a moment I felt like going back home.. for a moment I could touch the feeling that I felt of my home and my folks,.... For a moment ... I touched base with my roots...

For a moment..... and I am glad to say that I can go back to the moment again and again to float in the bubbles of imagined togetherness...

Excuse the sentimentality.. but that is what I am feeling like right now... and that is that...

And now a long weekend is coming and we have back on the road again... yipeeeeeeeee

Tomorrow I am on leave... so planning to spend the day ... with my favorite goddess the epitome of what I call womanhood...

And Friday morning we are off ... off to Mahabalipuram, Pulicat, Chennai, Kanchipuram.. planning to ride the East Coast road..... so will be back with details on Monday............ looking forward to this... yipeeeeeeeeeeeeee

hmmmm... again I sing this song... my favorite hum...

got no bags and baggages to slow me down.. I am travelling so fast .. my feet aint touching the ground.. travelling light ... travelling light... And I just cant wait to be with my baby tonight....

You all have a great weekend and will read you all after I am back...

Observed on the road...

As I am swerving the Jeep from the parking lot... in Richmond Road.. three beautiful girls.. walking on the road... carefree.. smiling and totally bindass happy... mood.. one particular pretty lady among them sporting a dreamy smile... thinking lovely thoughts... walked right into one end of a wooden pole... which was placed to fix one of the bill boards... BANG.... THUMP... YIKES..

her friends scream and grimace... I also grimace ... waiting... if she needed any help...

She totters dizzily ... ( Like the man in the goat ad of Mountain Dew) and gives another dreamy smile ... hiding her pain... and tears.. which was on the verge of flowing out... saying... she is ok.. and carries on... I carry on too... ... I know that was going to hurt and become a mean bruise........ can somebody smile and cry at the same time when in pain ??? I guess one can...I was wondering....

How many times have we laughed away a deep smack pain in our hearts to avoid appearing vulnerable to the public ?

PS: Deleted the Monday post... since it was not a part of me that I liked too much... and anger,a bad cold and a bad mood can be a lethal combination to maintain virtues like patience and geniality.....