July 17, 2005

Curtain call...

And as I made this resolution.. of watching movies.. I was joined in the conspiracy by Rocks ... who agreed to take me out on a movie date... and my sweets also got the tickets buhahaha ! !! we usually go in for current booking and rarely for advanced booking... so it was a treat.. Saturday... it was raining cats and dogs and it was a right time to sit for a movie... That was time for Fantastic Four... Let me tell you in the beginning that I am a super heroes fan.. I love Superman, Batman stories and had a huge collection of Marvel comics back home.. So Fantastic Four was like another comic turning to visual reality when i was watching it.. The movie is a great one with all the chitty bangs that goes into making a comic flick... and more.. I loved the characters and the script was also well written.. I thought... The point is that its a light film and the graphics were well displayed... and all in all its like your comic come alive in screen... if you like comics.. you will enjoy this movie.. nothing much to think here... good overcomes evil.. and well there a dollop of romance thrown in too... so heck go for it if you liked X- Men, Batman, etc type of movies... Well now this is a movie I was looking forward too.... Given the fact that I enjoyed most of Ram Gopal Varma's movies.. here we were expecting something good. I personally had my own reservations.. because I was kind of disappointed after watching D- the Company.. The only saving grace of that movie was the excellent performance of Randeep Hooda... So with my fingers crossed... we went for Sarkar. And I .... LOVED it... Its a beautifully made movie... After Company this is the best movie he has made... and this movie is an excellent example of how inspiration can excel your creative juices given the chance.. It was good to see the first writing in the movie where he gives the credit to Godfather. It definitely takes courage to do that... and yet to be frank he made a different movie.. All I could see from Godfather was the lighting and the sequences.. of expressions.. .thats it.. the rest was taken over by the story and the plot. I loved the camera angles and the way the characters were portrayed. There are many South Indian actors who have been introduced here.. which looks good.. :) The whole film concentrated on being Subtle. That is the key word of the movie.. The gory shots were well handled... Amitabh excelled again... ( this proves again and again that actors like Sharukh and Salman have to go a looong way... ) Abhishek was a pale shoadow of his father in the beginning of the movie.. but then his character takes predominance in the movie... showing to the audience how well he can handle himself and yes there is something about genes.. too... ( I may be biased but I am a Great fan of the Bacchan males LOL) ... Its all about expressions.. and this has been played upon well.. some scenes were intense just because of the expressions.. and it said more than words could say... And yes the women in the movie though silent most of the time.. also created an impact.. in their own way... If you have watched D, you will see the same old faces here in the movie again in different roles... but they all had their part to play to make the movie good... No songs... no timepass.. just reels and reels of plot. And thats what I like in a movie.. It definitely will put you in the edge of your seat.. and the key element of surprise has been played upon very well by the director... a good way to spread the plot I must say... So what are you waiting for.. if you have not watched it yet go for it... and yep... do not go in a song and dance mood... please... you will find the movie boring.. go in a sombre mood and you will get exactly what your brain wanted.... :) *********************************************************************** On a lighter side... Karen Anand's pasta sauce is the best way to whip up a great pasta in minutes.. Our new neighbor has a black labrador with whom I am trying to make friends... but neighbor uncleis jealous of his dog making friends with anybody... BLURRRBBBB * poking my tongue out to him* PVR cinemas is a definitely NO NO on weekends for people like me who do not book tickets in advance.... Boo hoo....Seems like the whole Bangalore is out to watch movies there... SIGH... Aqua.. thanks for the lovely dinner... it was great to see you again.. the momos were heavenly.. :) Gearing up for a ride trip ... yehawwwwwww !!!! Heights of accessorizing : Came to work wearing two watches in the same hand... GAWK.. how did I manage to do that... and typically have this habit of waving my hands while talking... so you can imagine how it looked like.. Thankfully ( thanks Amit for correcting me) I had full sleeves on.. EEEPSS.. Okay I am also known to go through the whole day with one earring in my ear... SIGH.. so this is I guess a natural addition to my list of eccentricities..