December 21, 2003

SIGH

Of oil slicks and careful riding !! Sunday, a day of lazying and doing stuff that was pending over the week. For me Sunday means cooking good food, cleaning my closet, watching cartoons, going for movies, meeting friends and just being lazy... One could hardly imagine an event that has left me shaken to the core.. I am a controlled and a careful rider and so is my husdand Rocky. But this We were all geared up to meet a friend for breakfast and were on Banerghatta road. Here I was sitting on the bike behind Rocks and imagining a great sunday when all of a sudden I hear a deadly screech and within moments I see Rocks going skidding almost totally under a Sumo and the bike making the terrible impact on the Sumo... I found myself skidding and trying to grab Rocks' jacket to save him from going totally under the vehicle but he is away from my reach and only my nails scrape his jacket... in a slow motion i see my husband going and hitting the Sumo and me just sliding with him and there is oil all over... SUddenly the motion stops and I am aware of people helping me and my husband and we trying to find a footing in the oil filled road. I cross the road with my helmet still on and my leather jacket intact... and in the middle of the crowd my tall knight in shining armour stands up and gives me the thumbs up sign and I was never glad to see him stand tall and smiling... I could have died happily then ... Seconds after that a Kinetic Honda with 4 people coming in fast skids in the same place and avoids the sumo somehow... i get another shock... it was too much to digest.. But in the commotion this family takes off waiting to heal in private I am sure. I hope they are doing fine. Meanwhile when we make sure that everything is ok, we see that a huge length of the road has fresh oil spilled all over it and we were the first to ride through and landed in an accident which could have taken away more than we could imagine at a split second. Must be grateful for the protective gear that we were wearing, helmets, leather jackets, good trousers and shoes... that saved us from a worse fate... Thanks to the bullet club friends who arrived at the scene few moments later and helped load the bike and take it to the service centre. One of the members took us home and we had a great breakfast with a golden retriever( Carl) and a german shephered (Shandy) and my day did not look so bleak at all.. I just wanted to put my face into their thick coats and break down but had to be the brave little barua.. wish I could be a little gal once again and bawl my fears out... LOL.. Being an adult is tough sometimes... Here are the lookalikes of the doggies (Carl and Shandy) who gave me so much solace yesterday... I love you guys... The doggies knew I was feeling very wierd and well the fact they were very playful helped me erase the worst of the trauma... oh for the simple pleasures which makes one appreciate life some more... and what would the world be without friends... Even though we were not riding long miles the very fact that we have ridden together kind of binds us into this brotherhood and it goes without saying that when one is down there are many to help you around... I have been in a worse accident that could have taken my life but i did not feel so shaken as yesterday since I was alone at that time and well little to lose. Yesterday I have been made aware again that one can lose everything in a second. Just takes a second.... This in mind, we went home, relaxed and crash off in the night with some good Vodka .. eased the pain a little but now its GROAAANNNNNNNNNN !!!! All is well that ends well and I am glad that I have been given yet another chance to spend this life in a healthy body. I thank the energies that have been looking after me... I thank the almighty which has given me my husband as a gift... i am so very proud of how he has handled the situation... i love you all the more for taking care of me and being my best freind and a solid pillar of support when I was going to break down... i know we have miles to go and yes i do not want to give it up just so soon... Death is not something that i am afraid of. I am aware its another dimension which awaits me and everyone at some time but when this same death gets reflected in your close ones then I feel scared out of my guts... Lets say I am more scared of losing than being lost. For riders out there, always keep your gear on and ride safe...