February 03, 2004

An eventful morning !!

Today, I had a lot to do on my list, get my address changed from the Airtel phone bill, Give my bike for service and then some more.. Here I was speeding up everything trying to finish everything and reach office not so late but sometimes lady luck just has some other ideas as to how to go about stuff. Or its just me. After my French Class I went to the Airtel Centre but that was closed so thought of just going ahead and giving my bike for servicing. After that as usual I took an auto. The auto fellow was a young thing and took me by some other way ... and almost threw me and the auto and himself in a ditch.... It seems he did not hear that I wanted to go to the RTO... ........ %$@*#% ...but you see I had learned a lot of patience through my meditational practice so I was just leaving it upto fate saying that let me reachthe airtel office safely and I shall give you many ladoos... so many laddoos overdue but i think I did not make my ladoo payment this time .... So as the auto tagged along the small roads, there was this madame blocking the way with her expensive car.... and my auto driver kept shouting at her to remove the car .... which was not necessary but who am I to argue... I was praying for peace and literally WORLD PEACE with a V .... But just then a young guy dressed like a tapori ... must be a college going kid... started shouting mildly at my auto driver not to shout and to take it easy... my auto driver naturally got a little ruffled and a small argument ensued and the guy got his kinetic honda near the auto and then after a split secong slapped the auto hard.... now I was like really praying for world peace... but I think god was on a holiday for me... The auto driver then slapped the guy back and a whole 3 minutes fighting session commenced where both this guys came to silent but painful blows... I was imagining Bruce Lee's Enter the Dragon and Sholay being combined... I got down from the auto and stood by helplessly seeing both this guys scuffle it out and here I was getting late fr everything... The auto guy landed a couple of good blows to the other guy and I was admired at his fighting skill... I think it was good that he gave the other insolent guy a good beating.... should teach him not to mess with somebody else's business... Thankfully there was this senior auto and the general public who came to these two's rescue and I was back in the auto a bit shaken but more worried about having woken up the wrong side of the bed today... LOL. The auto was cursing in Kannada and explained to me and told me not to worry " bejaru madko beda" I said yeah "Sumane...." Well then I felt bad for the young auto fellow and took his auto back again from the airtel office to my office... and gave him some extra money.... PHEW !! I think one must keep cool during these situation but just because he is an autodriver, the other guy should not have slapped him... and I think it served him right to have got it back from the auto guy... I am not condemning anyone or taking any sides here.... both were wrong... but I do not believe in turning the other cheek when somebody dares to slap me.... and here I am looking back at the humor of the situation and laughing my head off.... in retrospect, it was just a case of yound hot blood getting hotter... LOLOLOL but what a morning.... ******************************************************************** A show worth seeing Last to last weekend we had been to the circus and it was an enjoyable evening. It was a long weekend and me and hubs decided to do something since we were not riding.. Movies were ok but there was this circus happening... "The Great Royal Circus". Both me and Rocks were very excited since the last time we had seen a circus was when we were kids. And we had good memories of those shows. I was curious to see the animals but I read in the newspapers that animals were not allowed and i did not know what the performers would do without the animals but then I thought what the heck... we might as well go and see it. The tickets were easily available and it varied from 100/- to 20/-. We took the 100/- which would allow us to see the show right from the first rows. Was happily settled when the show started withe trapeze artists. I was impressed by the show but not so with the costumes. The costumes seemed like superman having had done his dress by a tailor who was color and design blind. Imagine rin white body suits with pink underwear type shorts worn on top of the body suit... that too a shocking pink. It was a riot. But the performance was well coordinated. Then came the clowns and they made us laugh with their antics... The music was live and blasting away to glory. The guy up there was announcing something which was for you to guess and decipher.. I left that up to my not so sensitive ears to catch whenever possible and concentrated on the show. Then came the body bender who looked like a grown up Farex baby with very very sad silver costume again... but the feats she showed with her body was amazing. Then VIOLA !! the animals... oh they were there... the horse did a great show of supporting the acrobatics shown by one lady. There was the elephants who played cricket with the audience. ALl the kids were waiting to catch the ball. The parrots were amazingly cute and showed us how to cycle and then play see-saw and then jump through fire rings... There were this colorful huge parrots who balanced the stick while the white parrot would go down and up from one side to another... giving the see-saw effect. One of the parrots was a rebel and was not listening to the orders but it was controlled. It was very amusing to see that. The dogs were also amazing in their tricks, there was one who could recognize numbers and kept us in suspense as he went in search of the said number... just when the kids thought that he would not be able to pick up the number, he did it and the kids along with myself were overjoyed... I was enjoying myself so much that the kids in front of me just turned and stared at me... ha ha LOLOL.. kids nowadays are so serious... LOLOL...anyway.. I was having the time of my life. Then there came the kids who astounded us with their somersaults, balancing acts and acrobatics... and lots of other tricks... THey actually stole the show... they were the best... There was this fire eating guy and then the one who threw himself beneath 5 swords without getting hurt... The Russian belles came in and it was a wonder seeing them perform their stunts. Well they had the proper circus bods and the costume and it was a pleasure watching them move and flex the nmuscles as if there was no bone. There was this family of Father, mother , daughter and a little son who stunned us with their gymnastics... The little kid was awesome and cute... and they were very dramatic tooo... LOLOLOL. One of the girls did a hoola hoop trick with as many as 20 hoops at one time. Then she proceeded to do a balancing act which showed us that anything was possible. Our Indian equivalent also I was impressed with one of the Indian girls who did great feats with her bicycle. She showed us how many different ways she could ride that one bicycle... people just were awed.... It was a relief to see that the performers were all wearing the safety cord so as to avoid any accident... Finally after more than 2 hours the show was finally over with the camels saying taking the final bow. I thought this show was better than anything that day and since it was a dying art, it was all the more necessary to keep this art alive. I read in the newspapers that this circus show had performed all over the world in different places and were pretty popular. Well the show is something you must take your kids to or you could also go if you just wanted to see something different. I only wish that they would get enough money to design their costumes better so that the audience also has a good visual effect. Thats putting it rather diplomatically and yes reduce the excess amount of fats in their physique which really portrays a bad diet and maintenance of the circus performers in comparison to other professionals... these are points which I personally thought could have been improved but at the end it is the show that matters and it seems that it was a success.. going by the crowd and I am happy that they are keeping this art alive.... ********************************************************************* And now its back to work...................