February 08, 2004

Yet another manic monday ....

Came to office and had to shift from one floor to the other... man this is the umpteenth time I am shifting my workstation and its a pain.. just when i think that i am settled and done... I get this instruction on shifting here and there.... yeeeshhh... but then the flip side of it is I get to have a change and well thats good isnt it ? so here I am in my new location which is a single cubicle but unfortunately directly in the path of one of my boss's look.... which is a teeeny weeeny bit of a discomfort but then i can handle this... ( i like to think).... new bosses are always difficult to manage sometimes, they think that they own the world and well it is very difficult to keep on being diplomatic with them specially if they are like a brick wall not trying to understand the other's point of view... I am keeping a tight rein on my impatience.... so its "buddham sharanam gachhami" for me.... WORLD PEACE WORLD PEACE.... and I love you all....... ( with tears in my eyes) LOLOLOLOLOL And then I watched Lord Of the Rings: The Return of the King... The movie kept me on the edge of my seat ... I wanted to catch the movie before the scenes were edited by the cinema guys and yet found that they cut some of the scenes... one thing about the movie.... was that just when you think the movie would end it would start again... LOLOL.... And there were some LOTR enthusiasts who kept on giving a running commentary of the movie to his partner till I had to literally ask him to tell me and the rest about the movie so then I would not watch the movie... LOLOLOL.....Why do I get to sit in front of such characters ... I guess I attract situations like this like a magnet... bad karma... :) Anyways, the movie started with a nice description of how Smeagol turns from a hobbit to a Gollum because of the ring. On one side Smeagol is plotting how to take Frodo and Sam and trap them ... into giviing him his precious... the ring on the other side Gandalf is getting ready for war and warning all about the incoming enemy attack... There are a lots of things happening at the same time specially the siege of the beautiful white city of the Minas Tirith. The visualisation of the city is amazing. The cinematographyof the movie is as always was very amazing. Along with the cinematography, the movie is full of anticipation and excitement and twists and turns. The eye of Sauron was amazingly depicted.... The war scenes were fabulous..specially the attack of the mammoths and the orks... I have nothing more to add.. it would be a looooooooooonnnng post ...Suffice it to say that the movie was worth every penny we spent.... and you must watch it if you are a fan of the novel and of the movie....yes yes yes.......