February 05, 2004

hmm

I was going through a dear friend's post and it just hurt me so badly... it was about pining for one's mom who has passed on... I live far away from my folks and it touched me so much to read about my friend missing her mom who is no longer there. My ma is not keeping well and I always go blank at the thought of losing her and not being able to talk to her and do the things that I do.... Death is something we deal with a lot in the metaphysical aspect of my practices. Yoga and other techniques teach us a lot about self control and overcoming the different attachments to the very physical and real life that we lead. My tarot cards and my spiritual techniques and research tell me that there is a world beyond. A world where souls are reunited and born again in some other human form. I believe in reincarnation and karma and yet it is difficult to just let go and lead my life on the basis of this logic and philosophy. But i am sure that us being human beings, nothing can make us ready to face the death of a loved one. Its easy to be the dead one but its always difficult to imagine to go through the loss of someone you hold dear to you. In my short lifetime I have lost many close friends and relatives and each time it has taken some amount of strength from me... each time I become more and more vulnerable to the word LOSS. Knowledge of the beyond and the cosmic universe, experience and logic, maturity and acceptance still does not diminish the power to shock us when a loved one is gone.... These words have been out of the deep despair I felt on reading a friend's blog.... how does one react to such longing.... how does one console this little soul ... how does one continue.... its very easy to preach but when it comes to practice I am the very novice that i was when I started my life..... I remember the lines of a song that I used to listen Blame it on the rain, Blame it on the sun, whatever you do, dont put the blame on you.... And Life goes on....................