February 15, 2004

Weekend Masti and Bangalore Blogger's communion !!!

Ya ba daba doooooooooo !!!! I have so many thooughts in my mind... today weekend was a great affair to remember.. I must say this... First Valentine's day came and went and I had the pleasure and the surprise of my dear maverick of a hubby cooking me a handsome lunch which pleased me to the core and I am still angling for my materialistic gift of a life sized well almost a life sized teddy bear... I do not lose hope... I have given him a LARGE hint that I want a large teddy bear... YUP !!!! Age be damned !!! HAH !!! Anyway in the evening I went to a rocking party where we had a great time with 'ol friends.... with lots of rib tickling laughter and well basically going nuts ... The big day came and I woke up on Sunday with a feeling of great aniticipation since I was meeting one of my favourite people Maddie for lunch and guess what!! I was meeting morphie and apple too... I was thrilled meeting these two and all the way Apple and Morphie kept me entertained with their patter ... Maddie has this serious but an adorable niece who was a pleasure to watch.. The three of them chattered to glory while I familiriased myself with the blogging world ... it was fun to watch all the three ... and I was happy to be there... Morphie being the only cute guy among the three of us was the butt of Maddie's and Apple's jokes... I think he handled himself very well .... while having a hearty and traditional yummy lunch, we decided to watch a movie... but were disappointed since the movie we wanted to catch had a different timing altogether... So we decided to do some timepass on MG Road... As any normal Banglorean who glugs... we decided that we would while away a few hours at the pub... went to " Underground" sat around for sometime and then just walked out of the pub since the crowd was pretty cidey.... We then went to "Nightwatchman" one of a fav haunts and lingered there. Maddie was a happy gal with gin, lime cordial and ice ( one of my favourite combo with vodka too). Apple went non alcoholic since she was wary to try out new drinks... morphie was egged on to try the "bloodymary" but after a few sips the drink fell flat and he also leaned on to Maddie's combination and both were happy human beings... I was content with my lime juice since I am off drinks for sometime... self control is something which I am learning with great difficulty... Moony met us at the pub. My first impression of her was that she suits her name to a "T". Wonderfully moonstruck !!! he he !! The evening was drawing near and we strolled on to Barista at MG Road and settled ourselves. We were early and hoped that we were looking forward to meeting lots of people... As we were ogling at a a scrumptious cake which was in the shape of a heart, in came the bloggers one by one... the routine was ... LOST LOOK.. QUESTION... and then a JUBILANT LOOK... It was easy to identify the lot... though we met some non bloggers with that LOST LOOK... who passed by without popping the question... As we settled in with the introductions we started yakking away to get to know each other... Typical of Bangalore Meet was full of techies and we could not help talk shop but then we resisted ... trying to talk about normal stuff.. I took some time out to be nice to the bartender at the counter... who was so impressed with the order that I kept giving, he was pleased to give me a free complimentary cassette.. LOLOL... AHH the joys of being a woman... LOLOL (yesterday was a day of getting free stuff for me... got another four plus one free VCD when buying a collection of Alfred Hitchcok movies... ) It was amazing meeting everyone !!! Semantic, Viggy, Maverick, Pradeep, Arun, Pradeep_bs, Harty.... basically everyone... I think we all should meet up again soon... Among the late arrivals were Toinky's friend Laloo and his wife and his friend Swati. It was nice meeting them too... Time came when I had to leave since I had a date with my husband who was planning to take me out to dinner.. had a replete dinner and crashed back... It was good weekend... Missed Aqua at the meet. Hope to meet you soon after you are well. ************************************************* Watched Khakee and well was not that impressed. But it was not that bad. I liked "Company" better in terms of direction and script. Khakee was good in some parts but then somewhere in the middle it started dragging and then it went back to the well trodden path again.. I am planning to watch Dhoop sometime soon. Heard that it was a nice movie... So there now its back to work....