February 13, 2004

It happened one thursday evening.....

Just when I had finished ranting on the blog I was dreaming of a long shower with some nice dinner to prepare... had a new recipe to practice ... my mind was free though I had a niggling headache and thought that I would for once pamper myself and took my time riding home... went to the mall picked up some stuff that I had to and then ... rode my way to home sweet home and as usual got ready for shower... and was singing my throat off and with hy head full of lather... suddenly the water trickled down to tiny droplets.... AAAGHHHHHHHHHH !!! I groped here and I groped there... opened all my taps.... GAWKKK SCREECH No water ..... Then I got a brillant idea.... The little angel next to my shoulder was telling me patience Pallavi but the devil on the other side told me PANICKKKKK you are KHALLLASSSS dudette. !!!! Here I was not a drop of water left and no water in the bucket, blind with lather and I was left with half of my song on my lips and what was i to do ... think think think !!!! EUREKA !!!! I realised that sometimes the kitchen tap has some water left .... this happened only twice in two years and I had always found water there.... SO I ran to the tap .... was damn lucky to get half a bucket of water and could just manage to wash my hair.... I was so not in a good mood.... GRRRRRRRRRRROWWWWLLLLL I cooked silently fuming and fussing.... everything was so not going as I planned.... my hubs came in and when I told him of the situation... he was like " great now people will realise what happens when you dont have water" ( there is another story behind this) I was frankly not in the mood to be patronised or to be the social do gooder at that moment and my headache was like tiny soldiers trying to hammer little pins of pain in my nerves.... EGADDDDDDDDDDD !!! my little devil told me .... which was also retold to me by hubs that the society guy must have closed the tap to teach us all a lesson.... my little angel told me ... that it was for our good... HUH !!!!! Well he chose a fine time to do that I was thinking and was mighty pissed... And all this I think was indirectly due to me... I am having this plumbing hassle at home and because of that the main valve in the building had to be repaired... the old valve could not stop the water flow... Now the new valve due to our valiant efforts can stop water from flowing and this guy thought that he would play a little joke on us...... FUME FUME FUME.... its like do a good deed and get a slap on the face.... Taught me a very big lesson on how to keep my mouth shut and also taught me to preserve water and never take it for granted..... ANd just as predicted the water came back with full gushing strength in the morning and I was a happy gal again... but I hope that whatever lesson the guy wanted the apartment members to teach was taught........... What an evening..... today I filled all my buckets ... to the brim... Then again on the flip side the society guy is not without blame. He has been trying to tell us that the increasing population in our area has given in to increased digging of numerous bore wells which is sucking water like nobody'd business and we should take the steps required to manage water but nobody listened.. so I guess out of frustation he took this step.. It is very easy to talk but then when it comes to work , its very difficult to make it happen.... SO there One Thursday Evening gone down the drain...... !!!! Now its waiting to be the water under the bridge !!!!